United States District Court, M.D. Alabama, Northern Division
W. KEITH WATKINS, Chief District Judge.
On February 19, 2015, the Magistrate Judge filed a Recommendation in this case (Doc. # 19), and Petitioner filed a timely objection (Doc. # 20). The court has conducted an independent and de novo review of those portions of the Recommendation to which objection is made. See 28 U.S.C. § 636(b).
In his objection, Petitioner reiterates the equitable-tolling arguments he previously made to the Magistrate Judge. The Recommendation addresses and properly rejects those arguments.
Accordingly, it is ORDERED as follows:
1. Petitioner's objection (Doc. # 20) is OVERRULED.
2. The Recommendation (Doc. # 19) is ADOPTED.
3. Petitioner's 28 U.S.C. § 2255 motion is DENIED.
4. This action is dismissed with prejudice because the § 2255 motion was filed after the expiration of the applicable one-year period of limitation, 28 U.S.C. § 2255(f).
5. To the extent that Petitioner requests additional time to brief his ...