United States District Court, M.D. Alabama, Eastern Division
September 9, 2014
STACY HARRISON, #221 426, Plaintiff,
COMMISSIONER KIM THOMAS, et al., Defendants.
W. KEITH WATKINS, Chief District Judge.
On August 13, 2014, the Magistrate Judge filed a Recommendation in this case to which no timely objections have been filed. (Doc. # 13.) Upon an independent review of the file in this case and upon consideration of the Recommendation, it is ORDERED that the Recommendation is ADOPTED. Accordingly, it is ORDERED as follows:
(1) Plaintiff's action against Defendants Kim Tobia Thomas, Gwendolyn Mosely, Joseph Womble, Capt. Adair, Lt. Jackson, Curtis Young, and CEO Kim is DISMISSED with prejudice prior to service of process under 28 U.S.C. § 1915(e)(2)(B)(i & ii);
(2) Defendants Thomas, Mosely, Womble, Adair, Jackson, Young, and Kim are DISMISSED as parties to the Complaint;
(3) Plaintiff's § 1983 conspiracy claim against all named Defendants is DISMISSED with prejudice prior to service of process under 28 U.S.C. § 1915(i);
(4) Plaintiff's § 1983 claim of verbal abuse and/or threats against Sgt. Lovelace is DISMISSED with prejudice prior to service of process under 28 U.S.C. § 1915(i); and
(5) This action with respect to Plaintiff's remaining claims against Defendants Lovelace and Lawrence Estes regarding discrimination and falsifying the disciplinary report is REFERRED back to the Magistrate Judge for further proceedings.