IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE UNITED STATES FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF ALABAMA, NORTHERN DIVISION
January 21, 2011
RICKY B. LEGGITTE, SR., PLAINTIFF,
ERIC SHINSEKI, SECRETARY, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Myron H. Thompson United States District Judge
In accordance with the memorandum opinion entered this date, it is the ORDER, JUDGMENT, and DECREE of the court as follows:
(1) Plaintiff's objections (doc. no. 82) are overruled.
(2) The United States Magistrate Judge's recommendation (doc. no. 77) is adopted.
(3) Defendant's motion for summary judgment (doc. no. 41) is granted.
(4) Plaintiff's claim under the Equal Pay Act, 29 U.S.C. § 206(d), is dismissed without prejudice.
(5) Plaintiff's claim under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. §§ 1981a, 2000e through 2000e-17, is dismissed with prejudice.
It is further ORDERED that costs are taxed against plaintiff, for which execution may issue.
The clerk of the court is DIRECTED to enter this document on the civil docket as a final judgment pursuant to Rule 58 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. This case is closed.
DONE, this the 21st day of January, 2011.
© 1992-2014 VersusLaw Inc.